Conner said Wednesday that he's not sure if he'll practice, but is confident he'll be ready for Sunday's tilt, via NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.
Having the third-year back on the field Sunday will be a boon for quarterback Mason Rudolph, making his first career start.
Here's other NFL news we're monitoring Wednesday:
Newton officially was listed as a DNP, and coach Ron Rivera said Cam is still rehabbing and going to meetings.
Rivera added that Kyle Allen, set to start Sunday if Newton can't play, had a good day of practice, per The Athletic.
- Kansas City Chiefs left tackle Eric Fisher is having core muscle surgery, NFL Network's James Palmer reported. Cam Erving will start in his place, Palmer added.
Running backs LeSean McCoy (ankle) and Damien Williams (knee) did not practice, Reid said.
Cornerback Tre'Davious White was limited in practice with a neck injury.
- The Philadelphia Eaglescanceled their padded practice Wednesday in favor of a walkthrough, as several players are on the mend and the team plays on Sunday and Thursday next week. Coach Doug Pederson said wide receivers Alshon Jeffery (calf) and DeSean Jackson (groin), running back Corey Clement (shoulder) and tight end Dallas Goedert (calf) are all "day to day." Jackson is expected to miss Week 3 game against the Lions, and Jeffery could be sidelined as well.
- Dallas Cowboys safety Xavier Woods (ankle) did not practice Wednesday along with defensive tackle Antwaun Woods (knee), receiver Tavon Austin (concussion) and defensive end Tyrone Crawford (hip).
Jets LB C.J. Mosley (groin), DL Quinnen Williams (ankle), LB Jordan Jenkins (shoulder) and WRs Demaryius Thomas (hamstring/knee) and Josh Bellamy (shoulder) did not practice. LT Kelvin Beachum (ankle), DT Steve McLendon (hip) and RG Brian Winters (shoulder) were limited.
- The Washington Redskins signed linebacker Noah Spence and placed cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on injured reserve.
- Miami Dolphins receiver Albert Wilson (hip/calf) and safety Reshad Jones (ankle) did not practice Wednesday. Safety Bobby McCain (shoulder), linebacker Trent Harris (foot) and cornerback Ken Webster (illness) were all limited.
A 2016 fifth-round pick of Green Bay, Davis was the Packers' main returner in 2017, returning 24 punts and 31 kicks. But Davis missed most of the 2018 season with a hamstring injury.
- The Oakland Raiders saw a few offensive starters land on the injury report Wednesday. Starting right tackle Trent Brown (knee) did not practice. Among those limited in practice were LB Vontaze Burfict (shoulder/knee), CB Gareon Conley (neck), RB Josh Jacobs (hip) and WR Tyrell Williams (hip).
- Minnesota Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr (groin) and guard Pat Elflein (knee) were limited in practice.
- Baltimore Ravens tight end Mark Andrews (foot) and cornerback Jimmy Smith (knee) did not practice Wednesday.
- Atlanta Falcons right tackle Kaleb McGary (knee) did not practice Wednesday, while safety Keanu Neal (groin) was limited.
- Cincinnati Bengals tackle Cordy Glenn (concussion), guard Michael Jordan (knee), defensive end Carl Lawson (hamstring) and tackle Andre Smith (groin) did not practice.
- Detroit Lions linebacker Jarrad Davis (ankle), tackle Taylor Decker (back) and defensive end Da'Shawn Hand (elbow) were limited in practice.
- Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins (ribs), guard Senio Kelemete (wrist) and tackle Laremy Tunsil (ankle) were limited in practice.
- Cleveland Browns safety Morgan Burnett (quadricep), tackle Chris Hubbard (foot), LB Christian Kirksey (chest), tackle Kendall Lamm (knee), tight end David Njoku (concussion, wrist), defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi (ankle) and safety Damarious Randall (concussion) did not practice. Njoku suffered a broken wrist in Monday's win over the Jets and could miss over a month, Rapoport reported.
- Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald (back) was limited in Wednesday's practice, as was running back Malcolm Brown (ankle). Tight end Tyler Higbee (chest) and guard Austin Blythe (ankle) did not practice.