Texans head coach Bill O'Brien announced Monday that right tackle Seantrel Henderson is out for the year with an ankle injury and cornerback Kevin Johnson will miss a "significant amount of time" after suffering a concussion.
O'Brien categorized Henderson's ankle injury as "significant" and the offensive lineman is scheduled to undergo surgery Tuesday. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo previously reported Henderson suffered a broken ankle.
Johnson has a history with concussions -- he suffered one on Aug. 18 and dealt with a concussion in 2017. His absence going forward is a blow on defense. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the starting cornerback is expected to be out four weeks, and potentially six.
Here are other injuries we're tracking Monday:
Vrabel also said they're hopeful for a good report on quarterback Marcus Mariota, who was sidelined Sunday due to an elbow injury. Left tackle Taylor Lewan currently is in the concussion protocol.
- Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy said the team is still gathering more information on Aaron Rodgers' knee and they have not decided on his status for Week 2. Rodgers suffered what initially appeared to be a serious knee injury Sunday night against the Bears before returning in the second half to lead Green Bay to an improbably comeback win.
- Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette was spotted with a sleeve on his right leg Monday and was not limping, ESPN's Michael DiRocco reported. Rapoport opined that Fournette's hamstring injury could be considered minor, pointing out Jaguars coach Doug Marrone appeared optimistic the running back would be available in Week 2.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Vernon Hargreaves (shoulder) is schedule to undergo an MRI, Rapoport reported. NFL Network's James Palmer added that Hargreaves had his arm in a sling after Sunday's game. Hargreaves told Palmer he was good and "we'll see" when asked about his availability for Week 2.
- Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson said Monday that defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah is dealing with an ankle injury and might miss time.
- The Minnesota Vikings placed offensive tackle Aviante Collins on injured reserve and coach Mike Zimmer told reporters he will be out for the year. He suffered an elbow injury in practice last week.