The Atlanta Falcons are preparing to face the Minnesota Vikings without breakout running back Devonta Freeman.
Coach Dan Quinn announced during Thursday's press conference that Freeman won't practice as he tries to come back from a concussion he sustained in last week's loss to the Indianapolis Colts. The team is preparing to play without him, Quinn said, and rookie Tevin Coleman would see the bulk of the carries out of the backfield in his absence.
The Falcons have dropped four of their last five games after starting the season 5-0. Freeman was a major part of their early success. The second-year running back leads the NFL with nine rushing touchdowns.
Quinn also announced that kicker Matt Bryant strained his quad during Wednesday's practice and the team worked out Billy Cundiff. Wide receiver Leonard Hankerson didn't practice with a hamstring injury.
Here's the rest of Thursday's news:
- Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford (shoulder/concussion) was inactive. Mark Sanchezstarted, as was previously expected.
Left tackle Jason Peters left the game with a left ankle injury and never returned. He was previously questionable to even play. Cornerback Nolan Carroll did not return after suffering a broken right ankle. Wideout Josh Huff went through the concussion protocol after suffering a potential head injury.
- Broncos pass-rusher DeMarcus Ware officially didn't participate at practice. He doesn't expect to play Sunday night against the Patriots, according to the Denver Post. He's been out the last two games for Denver after aggravating a previously existing back injury that cost him a game earlier this season.
- Patriots wideout Danny Amendola was upgraded to practicing in a limited capacity after not practicing Wednesday with a knee injury. Offensive lineman Sebastian Vollmer was a full participant after being limited with a concussion. Wide receiver Aaron Dobson was placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury.
- Lions safety Glover Quin suffered a left ankle injury and missed the rest of the game. Wideout Lance Moore (ankle) did not return.
- Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis and safety Dion Bailey (ankle) did not practice on Thursday. Center Nick Mangold (hand) was limited.
- Redskins CB Chris Culliver tore his ACL and MCL during practice Thursday, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of his prognosis.
- Panthers cornerback Charles Tillman (knee) and Philly Brown (shoulder) are inactive for Carolina's game against the Cowboys.
- Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo left the game after suffering a left clavicle injury late in the third quarter. He did not return to the game. Safety Barry Church is questionable to return with a calf injury.
- Packers right tackle Bryan Bulaga went to the locker room after suffering an ankle injury. He did not return to the game. Cornerback Demarious Randall is out for the remainder of the game with a knee injury.