Crawford went down after replays showed his head made contact with the shoulder of Buccaneers center Ryan Jansen. Crawford was moving his arms and gave the crowd a thumbs up while being carted off. Players on both the Cowboys and Buccaneers knelt next to Crawford as he was being placed on the stretcher.
The Cowboys said Crawford suffered a neck strain and he was transported via ambulance to a local hospital for further evaluation. The team later confirmed Crawford was released from the hospital.
"Tyrone Crawford was released from the hospital and is at home. All tests were negative, and he will be re-evaluated by team medical staff tomorrow."
Here are the injuries we're monitoring from Sunday's Week 16 games:
- Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Kendall Fuller who was a game-time decision, is out against the Seahawks. Fuller, who was listed as questionable on Friday's injury report, is rehabbing from thumb surgery he underwent last week. Other Chiefs who are out for Sunday night are receiver Sammy Watkins (foot) and running back Spencer Ware (hamstring).
- Buffalo Bills linebacker Julian Stanford will not return after sustaining an ankle injury. Receiver Deonte Thompson was carted off the field with an apparent injury.
- Green Bay Packers cornerback Jaire Alexander sustained a groin injury and did not return. Receiver Equanimeous St. Brown was evaluated for a concussion. Defensive lineman Fadol Brown did not return after suffering a toe injury.
- Indianapolis Colts center Ryan Kelly (neck) and tight end Eric Ebron (concussion) both did not return.
- Detroit Lions tight end Luke Willson was evaluated for a concussion. Defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson did not return because of a knee injury.
- Cleveland Browns cornerback Denzel Ward sustained a concussion and is back in the protocol, head coach Gregg Williams announced after the game.
- San Francisco 49ers running back Matt Breida exited the game with an ankle injury and did not return. Receiver Dante Pettis (knee) is out for the remainder of the game. Tight end Garrett Celek (concussion) will not return.