Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott is not expected to play in the Sunday Night Football showdown versus the Philadelphia Eagles tonight, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources. Prescott is still recovering from surgery to repair a thumb injury suffered in Week 1, and while he was initially listed as questionable for the Week 6 divisional matchup, he likely will not make his return quite yet.
Rapoport added that per his sources, Prescott will need to show more improvement to be ready to practice next week, though it's not a sure thing that he'll be ready by then.
Wide receiver CeeDee Lamb (hip) and offensive lineman Jason Peters (chest) were the only other Cowboys players listed as questionable on the injury report, and both are expected to play Sunday night, Rapoport and NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported.
The Cowboys (4-1) and Eagles (5-0) kick off at 8:20 p.m. ET.
Other injuries we are keeping an eye on ahead of Sunday's Week 6 games:
- Atlanta Falcons tight end Kyle Pitts (hamstring), who was listed as questionable on the injury report, is active versus the 49ers, Rapoport reported. Pitts was inactive last week.
- Cincinnati Bengals tight end Hayden Hurst (groin) and offensive lineman Jonah Williams (knee) are active versus the Saints. Wide receiver Tee Higgins (ankle) is also active.
- Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp (foot), tight end Tyler Higbee (ankle) and defensive tackle Aaron Donald (foot) are all expected to play versus the Panthers after being initially listed as questionable, per Rapoport, per sources.
- Minnesota Vikings running back Alexander Mattison, who was questionable with a shoulder injury, is active versus the Dolphins.
- New England Patriots wide receiver Jakobi Meyers (knee) will play Sunday versus the Browns, but running back Damien Harris (hamstring) is inactive along with quarterback Mac Jones.
- New Orleans Saints quarterback Jameis Winston (back/ankle; questionable) is slated to dress as Andy Dalton's backup versus the Bengals, per Rapoport. With Winston getting back to full health, Dalton has an opportunity to keep starting moving forward with another nice performance, Rapoport adds. Chris Olave (concussion; questionable) is inactive.
- New York Giants defensive end Leonard Williams (knee; questionable) and wideout Wan'Dale Robinson (knee; questionable) are expected to play versus the Ravens, Rapoport and NFL Network's Judy Battista report, per sources. Williams and Robinson are officially active.
- San Francisco 49ers pass rusher Nick Bosa (groin) is inactive versus the Falcons.