The mystery of how Laremy Tunsil went from healthy to inactive Sunday morning was by Adam Gase on Monday.
In addition, Dolphins linebacker Koa Misi (neck) faces the prospect of spinal fusion surgery in the wake of being placed on injured reserve, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. It's the same surgery Peyton Manning underwent in 2012 at the end of his tenure with the Colts. Misi will try rehab first, then likely surgery.
Here are the other injuries we were monitoring Monday:
- Browns quarterback Cody Kessler was forced to leave Sunday's game with injuries to his ribs, but Rapoport reported the QB is expected to be ready for the Browns' Week 6 tilt with the Titans. Browns coach Hue Jackson said Kessler was day-to-day. Also day-to-day is his backup, Charlie Whitehurst, who suffered an undisclosed injury Sunday. In other Browns quarterback injury news, Josh McCown should return to practice this week and there's a chance he could play, Jackson said.
- Vikings offensive lineman Andre Smith will have triceps surgery Tuesday and head to injured reserve. Coach Mike Zimmer also said it doesn't look like guard Mike Harris will play this season.
- Steelers defensive end Cam Heyward could be sidelined up to three weeks, NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported, per a member of the organization. Heyward suffered a hamstring injury and underwent an MRI.
- Cowboys coach Jason Garrett told reporters the team hasn't received the results of Tony Romo's MRI on his back. Garrett added that Romo has been working out with team trainers and throwing more.
- Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he doesn't expect cornerback Josh Norman to miss any time because of a wrist injury. Gruden added that Norman could be limited in practice and might have to wear a brace. Cornerbacks Bashaud Breeland (ankle) and Dashaun Phillips (hamstring) should see more reps in practice this week.
- Packers coach Mike McCarthy told reporters that running back Eddie Lacy's ankle injury isn't serious.
- Marcell Dareus (hamstring) didn't play this past Sunday against the Rams, and Rex Ryan said he's "not sure" whether his star defensive tackle will play this week.
- Colts cornerback Dareus Butler will have surgery on his fractured finger Tuesday and his availability for Week 6 is in jeopardy, coach Chuck Pagano said.
- The Panthers have linebacker Thomas Davis, defensive end Charles Johnson and fullback Mike Tolbert as active, despite all three being listed as questionable.