Sunday's Carolina Panthers loss to the Miami Dolphins might've been Donte Jackson's last game with the club.
Jackson has been placed on injured reserve with a groin injury and will miss the remainder of the season, according to the team. Jackson underwent an MRI on Monday. The 2018 second-round draft pick will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, potentially marking the end of his Panthers career after four years in Carolina.
Jackson's season ends with 61 tackles, two interceptions, 10 passes defensed and a forced fumble. He had started all 12 games of the Panthers' season, playing opposite a carousel of corners that began with rookie Jaycee Horn, who was injured with a broken foot early in the year, and has also included trade acquisitions Stephon Gilmore and C.J. Henderson. For his career, Jackson has 12 interceptions and 38 passes defensed.
The Panthers activated rookie guard Deonte Brown, who had been designated for return from injured reserve, to replace Jackson on the roster.
- The Atlanta Falcons designated edge rusher Steven Means to return to practice and activated guard Josh Andrews off the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Buffalo Bills designated guard Jon Feliciano (calf) to return to practice and activated defensive tackle Star Lotulelei and offensive tackle Spencer Brown from the reserve/COVID-19 list. The Bills also officially placed start cornerback Tre'Davious White on injured reserve. White tore his ACL during their Thanksgiving Day win over the Saints.
- The Cleveland Browns placed right tackle Jack Conklin (knee) on IR. Conklin suffered a torn patellar tendon in Sunday's loss to the Ravens.
- The Dallas Cowboys are placing cornerback Nahshon Wright on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Wideout Cedrick Wilson (ankle) did not practice for a second straight day.
- The Green Bay Packers placed linebacker De'Vondre Campbell on the reserve/COVID-19 list following a positive test, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars placed tight end Dan Arnold (knee) on IR.
- The Kansas City Chiefs activated guard Kyle Long from the physically unable to perform list, and placed running back Jerick McKinnon on injured reserve.
- New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara (knee) was limited in practice Tuesday. Quarterback Taysom Hill (foot) was full-go. Offensive tackles Ryan Ramczyk (knee) and Terron Armstead (knee) and defensive end Marcus Davenport (shoulder) did not participate.
- New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones suffered a strained neck during Sunday's win over the Eagles, Pelissero reported. Jones' status for Week 13 vs. the Dolphins is now in doubt, Pelissero added. The Giants activated defensive back Logan Ryan off the reserve/COVID list.
- The Philadelphia Eagles placed offensive lineman Jack Driscoll on IR.
- Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin told reporters that linebacker Robert Spillane (knee) is unlikely to play this week against the Ravens. Tight end Pat Freiermuth remains in the team's concussion protocol. Tomin expressed some optimism, however, that cornerback Joe Haden (foot) could return this week.
- The San Francisco 49ers placed receiver Devin Funchess on practice squad IR.
- The Tennessee Titans placed linebacker Monty Rice on IR.
- Washington Football Team head coach Ron Rivera said during a Tuesday radio interview that kicker Joey Slye would be out at least three weeks after suffering a hamstring injury during Monday Night Football. The team later officially placed Slye on injured reserve. Running back J.D. McKissic, who exited Monday's win early with a neck injury, tweeted that he's "good."
- The Atlanta Falcons waived cornerback Chris Williamson.
- The Cleveland Browns signed guard Hjalte Froholdt and defensive end Joe Jackson to the practice squad. They also released running back Brian Hill from the practice squad.
- The Detroit Lions waived Da'Shawn Hand off injured reserve with an injury settlement, Pelissero reported. Pelissero added that Hand, who has played in three games this season after suffering a groin injury in training camp, should be healthy in a few weeks.
- The Los Angeles Chargers signed cornerback Davontae Harris to the active roster off the 49ers' practice squad.
- The Minnesota Vikings worked out running back Kerryon Johnson.
- The New Orleans Saints waived receiver Kevin White.
- The New York Giants signed quarterback Jake Fromm, Pelissero reported.
- The New York Jets signed tight end Dan Brown to the practice squad and released quarterback James Morgan from the practice squad.
- The Philadelphia Eagles promoted offensive lineman Brett Toth from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Seattle Seahawks released wideout Phillip Dorsett and running back BJ Emmons from the practice squad.
- The Tennessee Titans waived wide receiver Austin Mack from the team's practice squad.
- The Washington Football Team signed kicker Brian Johnson off the Bears practice squad with Slye on injured reserve.
- The NFL reduced Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Trysten Hill's suspension for throwing a punch postgame on Thanksgiving from two games to one, Pelissero reported.