NFL.com keeps you up to date with all of the latest league news from around the NFL. Visit NFL.com's transaction hub for a daily breakdown.
(NOTE: Teams listed in alphabetical order.)
- OL Hayden Howerton claimed off waivers from the Patriots
- WR Chosen Anderson is expected to be released, saving $12 million against the cap, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
- C Rodney Hudson is expected to be released, Rapoport reported. Rapoport added the Hudson previously reduced his salary to $2 million, which often indicates a retirement, but the center will decide his future soon.
- S Sean Chandler has been suspended without pay for the first two games of the 2023 regular season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances, the league announced.
- TE Evan Engram has been franchise tagged, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. Rapoport reported last week that it was the expectation Engram would receive the franchise tag. The Jaguars confirmed the news later Monday afternoon.
- WR Calvin Ridley has been fully reinstated after serving a suspension for violating the NFL's gambling policy, the league announced Monday. Ridley, who was acquired via trade on Nov. 1, is now eligible to participate in all team activities, effective immediately.
- OT Orlando Brown is not expected to be franchise tagged for a second year, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport, Tom Pelissero and Mike Garafolo reported.
- QB Derek Carr agreed to a four-year contract with the Saints worth $150 million with $100 million in total guarantees, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported on Monday. Carr's deal is structured to accommodate New Orleans' cap issues, Rapoport and Garafolo added. The team later confirmed Carr's signing.
- QB Daniel Jones' agents are traveling to New Jersey today to meet with the Giants brass in person to continue contract negotiations, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reports, per a source. The two sides had negotiated throughout the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine, but left Indianapolis without a deal in sight. NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported on Sunday that the Giants plan to place the franchise tag on Jones if there is no long-term deal done by Tuesday's deadline.
- RB Saquon Barkley also briefly met with general manager Joe Schoen on Monday, Garafolo reported. Garafolo added that it was a positive meeting, with both sides still hoping something can be worked out.
- Jeff Nixon named running backs coach; Chris Smith named assistant offensive line coach; Stephen Thomas named assistant special teams coach; Michael Treier named safeties coach; Chris Jones named assistant quarterbacks coach; Angela Baker named offensive assistant.
- QB Brock Purdy is set to have elbow surgery on Friday, with the hope being an internal brace and UCL repair keeps the six-month recovery timeline intact, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported.