The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has forced a pair of Arizona Cardinals assistant coaches out of action.
Tight ends coach Steve Heiden and a defensive assistant will miss Friday's preseason contest against the Kansas City Chiefs because of COVID protocols, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Peter Schrager reported.
Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has said the entire coaching staff is vaccinated, and the Cardinals have a very high vaccination rate as a club, per Pelissero. Arizona currently has three players on its reserve/COVID-19 list, including guard Justin Pugh, who called for daily testing even for vaccinated individuals following his positive test.
Arizona and Kansas City kick off at 8 p.m. ET in Glendale, Arizona.
- New England Patriots wide receiver N'Keal Harry is expected to be out "for a bit" after suffering an injury in Thursday night's preseason win over the Eagles, NFL Network's Mike Giardi reported. The former first-rounder landed hard on his shoulder while laying out for a catch in the first half. He did not return to the game and left the stadium with his left arm in a sling.
- Cincinnati Bengals rookie defensive end Cam Sample was ruled out of Friday's game versus Washington with a shoulder injury.
- Kansas City Chiefs running back Darrel Williams was evaluated for a concussion during Friday's game against the Cardinals.
- Dallas Cowboys offensive tackle La’el Collins will practice Friday after being forced to exit Wednesday's session early with apparent discomfort in his shoulder/neck area, according to coach Mike McCarthy. Dallas did not practice Thursday. The Cowboys placed punter Hunter Niswander on injured reserve.
- The New York Jets placed safety Zane Lewis on injured reserve.
- Philadelphia Eagles tight end Jason Croom is feared to have suffered a season-ending knee injury, Rapoport reported, per a source familiar with the situation source said. Croom, who was carted off early in Thursday's preseason contest against the Patriots, will soon undergo an MRI to confirm.
- The Atlanta Falcons placed tight end Ryan Becker on injured reserve.
- The Miami Dolphins activated linebacker Sam Eguavoen off the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Ryan Switzer posted on Twitter that he underwent successful foot surgery. He was placed on injured reserve earlier this week.
- The Los Angeles Chargers placed safety Nasir Adderley and cornerback Ryan Smith on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The New Orleans Saints placed wide receiver Tommylee Lewis on injured reserve.
- The New Orleans Saints are signing kicker Aldrick Rosas following his Thursday workout, Pelissero reported. The former Pro Bowler made 8 of 11 field goals with the Jaguars last year. Pelissero reported that the Saints are also signing veteran safety Jeff Heath, who led the Raiders with three interceptions in 2020. The team confirmed both moves Saturday.
- The Cleveland Browns signed linebacker Willie Harvey Jr. Harvey, 25, returns to Cleveland after being waived by the club shortly before the start of last season; he initially signed as an undrafted free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft. The team later announced the signing along with the addition of linebacker Montrel Meander.
- The Atlanta Falcons signed tight end David Wells.
- The New York Jets signed safety Bennett Jackson.
- The Green Bay Packers signed rookie wide receiver Damon Hazelton.
- The Los Angeles Chargers signed wide receiver Michael Bandy.
- The Houston Texans released defensive tackle Brandon Dunn and waived running back Dontrell Hilliard.
- The Cleveland Browns announced they had waived running back Corey Taylor and wide receiver JoJo Ward.
- The Miami Dolphins waived cornerback Terrell Bonds.
- The Green Bay Packers released cornerback Dominique Martin and wide receiver Bailey Gaither.
- The Chicago Bears waived wide receiver Thomas Ives.
- The New Orleans Saints waived guard Michael Brown and tight end Josh Pederson.
- The Tennessee Titans waived guard Adam Coon and released defensive back Tedric Thompson.
- The Buffalo Bills waived guard Steven Gonzalez.
- The Carolina Panthers waived wide receiver Micah Simon.
- The Denver Broncos waived defensive tackle Deyon Sizer.
- The Detroit Lions waived tight end Hunter Thedford.