The Atlanta Falcons are signing former Raiders linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski to a one-year deal, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per a source.
The six-year veteran had spent the previous two seasons with Las Vegas and ended 2021 on the injured reserve. Pelissero previously reported that Kwiatkoski visited those same Raiders on Tuesday, sparking the potential for a reunion, but the inside linebacker has elected to work with a different familiar face instead.
By joining the Falcons, Kwiatkoski will be reunited with senior personnel executive Ryan Pace, who was calling the shots as the Bears general manager when the team selected Kwiatkoski in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
Kwiatkoski becomes Atlanta's third linebacking addition through free agency, joining Lorenzo Carter and Rashaan Evans. The Falcons also beefed up the room through the draft by selecting LB Troy Anderson and two pass rushers, Arnold Ebiketie and DeAngelo Malone.
- The Arizona Cardinals signed running back Keaontay Ingram, offensive lineman Lecitus Smith and linebacker Jesse Luketa to four-year rookie contracts, the team announced Thursday.
- The Atlanta Falcons signed first-round wide receiver Drake London to his rookie contract, the team announced Thursday. Sixth-round offensive lineman Justin Shaffer also signed his rookie deal.
- The Baltimore Ravens released defensive tackle Xavier Kelly, per the transaction wire.
- The Buffalo Bills and third-round linebacker Terrel Bernard have agreed to terms on a four-year deal worth $5,042,864 rookie contract that includes a $912,922 signing bonus, NFL Network's Kyle Brandt reported, per sources. The Bills have also agreed to terms with seventh-round LB Baylon Spector, Pelissero reported, per a source.
- The Carolina Panthers released tackle Aaron Monteiro and wide receiver Aaron Parker, the team announced Thursday. The Panthers also signed running back John Lovett and released defensive end Azur Kamara, per the transaction wire.
- The Chicago Bears announced the signing of wide receivers Tajae Sharpe and Dante Pettis to one-year contracts. The Bears also waived wide receivers Cyrus Holder and Henry Litwin, per the transaction wire.
- The Cleveland Browns agreed to terms with third-round wide receiver David Bell on a four-year, $4.9 million contract, Pelissero reported Thursday, per Bell's agent. The Browns also announced the signing of six other draft picks to rookie contracts: cornerback Martin Emerson Jr., defensive end Alex Wright, running back Jerome Ford, wide receiver Mike Woods, defensive end Isaiah Thomas and offensive lineman Dawson Deaton.
- The Denver Broncos signed second-round linebacker Nik Bonitto to his rookie contract, the team announced Thursday. The Broncos also waived linebacker Andre Mintze, per the transaction wire.
- The Detroit Lions agreed to terms with first-round wide receiver Jameson Williams on a four-year, fully guaranteed contract and agreed to terms with third-round safety Kerby Joseph on a four-year, $5 million contract, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported. Detroit waived safety Javien Elliott and wide receiver Javon McKinley, the team announced Thursday. The Lions also waived quarterback Steven Montez, per the transaction wire.
- The Green Bay Packers claimed tight end Eli Wolf off waivers and released wide receiver Chris Blair, the team announced Thursday.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars announced the signing of pass rusher Travon Walker, linebacker Devin Lloyd, running back Snoop Conner, cornerback Gregory Junior and cornerback Montaric Brown to their rookie contracts. The Jaguars also signed defensive tackle Israel Antwine, wide receiver Kevin Austin, offensive lineman Nick Ford and tight end Gerrit Prince, per the transaction wire.
- The Las Vegas Raiders announced the signing of veteran wide receiver Keelan Cole and the release of quarterback Garrett Gilbert. The Raiders also announced the signing of offensive lineman Dylan Parham, defensive tackle Matthew Butler, offensive tackle Thayer Munford and running back Brittain Brown to their rookie contracts.
- The Minnesota Vikings announced the signing of first-round safety Lewis Cine, defensive lineman Esezi Otomewo, running back Ty Chandler, wide receiver Jalen Nailor and tight end Nick Muse.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced the signing of running back Rachaad White, cornerback Zyon McCollum, tight end Ko Kieft and linebacker Andre Anthony to rookie contracts.
- The Tennessee Titans are signing former Texans defensive end DeMarcus Walker, per his agent. The team announced that they've agreed to terms on rookie contracts with running back Hassan Haskins, wide receiver Kyle Phillips, linebacker Chance Campbell and defensive back Theo Jackson.
- Former Michigan All-American wrestler Adam Coon will participate in the Atlanta Falcons' rookie minicamp, Pelissero reported. Coon spent camp last last year with the Titans.
Front office news
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are bringing Eagles vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl in for a second interview for the general manager position, per Pelissero. Weidl started his NFL career with Pittsburgh, working as a player personnel assistant from 1998-99. The team announced on Thursday it completed a second round interview with John Spytek for the GM position. Spytek is currently the Buccaneers' vice president of layer personnel.