Tight endJ.P. Holtz has been promoted from the practice squad.
Reed missed three games last season and started only eight. He's yet to play a full season through six years in the league with Washington.
Here is other news we're monitoring on Saturday:
- With his first official start as the Denver Broncos signal-caller upcoming, Joe Flacco and his new team have restructured his contract.
Flacco and the Broncos have agreed to convert $17 million of his base salary into a signing bonus and added two voidable seasons to clear $13.6 million in 2019 salary cap space, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Saturday morning.
Flacco is still due $20.25 million in 2020 and $24.25 million in 2021, Pelissero added.
- The New York Giants entered the week with the NFL's least amount of cap space, but cleared $5 million due to a simple restructure on left tackle Nate Solder's deal, Pelissero reported. The team converted $7.5 million of his base salary to a fully-guaranteed roster bonus. Pelissero added that the cash will remain the same: $13 million in 2019 and 2020 and $14 million in 2021.
- The Carolina Panthers cleared nearly $13 million in cap space with simple restructures on the contracts of defensive tackle Kawaan Short and offensive lineman Trai Turner, Pelissero reported.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have added first-round rookie linebackerDevin White (illness) to the injury report and he is questionable for Sunday's game against San Francisco.
- The Indianapolis Colts announced the signing of offensive tackle Tyree St. Louis to the practice squad and released running back Quinton Flowers.
- The Miami Dolphins announced they signed offensive lineman Jesse Davis to an extension on Saturday. Rapoport reported it is a three-year, $15 million deal with $8.5 fully guaranteed.
- The New England Patriots agreed to a three-year contract extension for cornerback Jonathan Jones with a base salary of $21 million, a max of $25 million and $13 million guaranteed, Rapoport reported per a source. Jones is a former undrafted free agent who's played in all 48 games over three seasons for the Patriots with three starts last year, including in the Super Bowl.
- The Philadelphia Eagles announced they restructured wide receiver Alshon Jeffery's contract on Saturday. Rapoport reported the deal takes the receiver's $11.75 million this season and turns most of it into a signing bonus. Rapoport added that this means $11.5 million next year is now fully guaranteed.
- The Arizona Cardinals have promoted TE Darrell Daniels from the practice squad and plan to release guard Jeremy Vujnovich.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are releasing LB Tuzar Skipper and promoting WR Johnny Holton to the 53-man roster.