The Browns and Terrelle Pryor seem to be growing more distant by the hour, and just after the start of the new league year, the wideout set his first visit outside of Berea.
It's an interesting first team to visit with, considering the turmoil reportedly stemming from Kirk Cousins' unhappiness with his contract situation and desire to be traded elsewhere. But for Pryor's camp, they need to field offers outside of Cleveland to gain any sense of leverage, and the first step to fielding offers is meeting with teams. We don't expect this to be his last visit.
Elsewhere in free agency madness on the first day of the new league year:
- The Panthers are targeting Matt Kalil to be their new left tackle, Rapoport reported, per sources. That would bring him together with his brother Ryan Kalil, which would also kick Michael Oher out to right tackle, Rapoport added. Carolina are working on signing former Bucs wide receiver Russell Shepard, per Rapoport.
- Defensive end Courtney Upshaw has agreed to terms to remain with Falcons, a source informed of the situation told Rapoport. Atlanta also signed defensive lineman Jack Crawford to a three-year, $10.3 million deal with $3.75 million due in the first year, and tight end Levine Toilolo to a three-year, $12 million deal, Rapoport reported.
- Ravens running back Kenneth Dixon has been suspended for the first four games of the 2017 season for a violation of the league's policy on performance enhancing drugs, the team announced. Baltimore also picked up receiver Mike Wallace's contract option for 2017.
- Safety Quintin Demps is signing a three-year contract with the Bears worth $4.5 million per year, Rapoport reported. Chicago is also signing tight end Dion Sims to a three-year, $18 million deal with $10 million in guarantees, Garafolo reported. Plus, the Bears are signing wide receiver Markus Wheaton, Rapoport reported.
- The Chiefs have officially declined to pick up quarterback Nick Foles' contract option, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.
- The Bills have released safety Aaron Williams, the team announced. Buffalo also announced the signing of five players: safety Micah Hyde, fullback Patrick DiMarco, guard Vladimir Ducasse, kicker Stephen Hauschka and safety Jordan Poyer. Hyde's deal is worth $30 million over five years, with $14 million guaranteed and a maximum possible value of $32.5 million, Rapoport reported.
- The Redskins are set to sign defensive tackle Terrell McClain to a four-year deal, Rapoport reported. Washington is also signing defensive tackle Stacy McGee to a five-year, $25 million deal, Garafolo reported. Washington also signed D.J. Swearinger to a three-year deal worth $4.5 million per year, with $6 million due in the first year, Rapoport reported.
- The Jets have released running back Khiry Robinson, Rapoport reported. New York is are retaining offensive lineman Ben Ijalana for two years and $11 million, Garafolo reported.
The team announced Thursday that it has re-signed outside linebacker Corey Lemonier and special-team stud Josh Martin.