Running back Donnel Pumphrey, who tore his hamstring in Wednesday's practice, was placed on injured reserve Friday afternoon.
The 5-foot-9 Pumphrey impressed coaches during offseason workouts as a potential weapon in the passing game out of the backfield. The fourth-round rookie struggled in the preseason, however, and was inactive Week 1.
The injury could stymie the rookie's development this season, as well as wipe another option out in the Eagles' running back corps. LeGarrette Blount remains Philly's lead back, with Darren Sproles and Wendell Smallwood as change-of-pace runners. Undrafted rookie Corey Clement could also see an uptick in opportunities with Pumphrey sidelined.
Also, cornerback Ronald Darby (ankle) has been ruled out for Sunday's game versus the Kansas City Chiefs. Safety Corey Graham (hamstring) is questionable.
Here are other injuries we're tracking on Friday:
- New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham (ankle), offensive lineman D.J. Fluker (leg) and linebacker B.J. Goodson (leg) are all questionable to play versus Detroit, while linebacker Keenan Robinson (concussion) will sit out. Right tackle Bobby Hart (ankle) was not listed on the injury report and fully participated in Saturday's walkthrough.
- Denver Broncos coach Vance Joseph said defensive lineman Jared Crick (back) needs surgery to fix a disc in his back. Broncos guard Ronald Leary (concussion) and safety Darian Stewart (groin) are questionable for their game against the Cowboys. Running back Devontae Booker (wrist), cornerback Brendan Langley (knee) and quarterback Paxton Lynch (shoulder) have been ruled out.
Cornerback Kevin Johnson is out four-to-six weeks with an MCL sprain, a source informed Rapoport.
- Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Michael Campanaro (ankle) and linebacker Tim Williams (illness) are questionable for Sunday's game vs. the Cleveland Browns.
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay says cornerback Kayvon Webster shoulder was limited in practice Friday and is questionable for Sunday's game with the Washington Redskins.
- The Los Angeles Chargers have ruled out cornerback Jason Verrett (knee), Rayshawn Jenkins (concussion/shoulder) and wide receiver Mike Williams (back), though Friday was the first time Williams was even a limited participant in practice. Defensive end Jeremiah Attaochu, wide receiver Dontrelle Inman and tight end Sean McGrath are all questionable for Sunday's game versus the Dolphins.
- Chicago Bears guard Kyle Long (ankle) has been ruled out versus the Buccaneers. Running back Benny Cunningham (ankle) is listed as doubtful. Cornerback Prince Amukamara (ankle), linebackerLeonard Floyd (back), running back Jordan Howard (shoulder), and wideout Markus Wheaton (finger) are all listed as questionable.