The starting quarterback was sidelined with a knee injury last week, but was a full participant in practice the past two days.
McDermott added that starting left tackle Cordy Glenn will be placed on injured reserve after struggling with foot and ankle injuries. "Somewhat of a frustrating year," McDermott said, "and he will have a procedure done on his foot in the near future."
Glenn had not played in four weeks, but was limited in practice Thursday. Rookie Dion Dawkins will continue to man the blindside.
McDermott "feels good" about wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin, who has been limited in practice this week with a knee injury. He is officially listed as questionable.
Here are the other injuries we've been monitoring on Friday:
- The Green Bay Packers have yet to move Aaron Rodgers to the active roster, but it hasn't slipped their mind. Mike McCarthy told reporters they "didn't forget" to activate the quarterback ahead of Sunday's game against the Carolina Panthers, and they likely will do so Saturday. He was not listed on the team's Friday injury report. Cornerback Davon House (shoulder/back) will not play Sunday.
Joseph added that receiver Emmanuel Sanders is day-to-day with an ankle injury.
- The Cincinnati Bengals placed linebacker Kevin Minter (hamstring) on injured reserve. Cincy rookie running back Joe Mixon (concussion) was downgraded to out on Saturday. The team will also be without linebacker Vontaze Burfict (concussion) and cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (concussion) against the Vikings on Sunday.
- Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien expects star wideout DeAndre Hopkins (toe) and pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney (knee, illness) to play against the Jags on Sunday. Both are listed as questionable.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety T.J. Ward has cleared concussion protocol. Head coach Dirk Koetter announced that linebacker Lavonte David (hamstring), defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (biceps) and cornerback Vernon Hargreaves (hamstring) have all been ruled out for Monday's game.
- New England Patriots defensive lineman Alan Branch (knee) and LB Kyle Van Noy (calf) will not play against the Steelers. Among those questionable to play are DL Trey Flowers (rib), CB Stephon Gilmore (ankle), WR Chris Hogan (shoulder), DL Eric Lee (ankle), WR Matthew Slater (hamstring)and DL Deatrich Wise (foot).
- Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle David Irving (concussion), linebacker Justin Durant (concussion) and cornerback Orlando Scandrick (back) will not play against the Oakland Raiders. Offensive tackleTyron Smith (back) is questionable. Linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring/back) didn't practice Friday and is questionable for the game. Offensive tackle La'el Collins (back) and defensive tackle Maliek Collins (foot) are questionable. Receiver Brice Butler (foot) has been downgraded from questionable to out.