The Legion of Boom will be without some of its oomph Sunday.
"It's been a hard week for him, not able to do much," Carroll said on KIRO-AM in Seattle on Friday morning.
While Carroll was hopeful the Seahawks' star safety can show enough improvement from a hamstring injury he suffered trying to chase down DeAndre Hopkins in last week's win over the Houston Texans, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported earlier this week that Thomas always was a long shot to play this week.
Carroll announced running back C.J. Prosise (ankle) is a game-time decision as well. He is officially questionable.
Here's a look at the other injuries we're tracking on this Friday in Week 9 of the 2017 season:
- Buffalo Bills running back and special teamer Taiwan Jones is out for the season with a broken arm, coach Sean McDermott announced. The coach also said tight end Charles Clay (knee) and cornerback E.J. Gaines (hamstring) "have made tremendous progress."
- The Houston Texans placed quarterback Deshaun Watson on injured reserve a day after he suffered a torn ACL in practice. He is out for the remainder of the season. Tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz (concussion) will be ready to play in Week 10, coach Bill O'Brien said. Cornerback Johnathan Joseph (shin/quad) is listed as questionable.
- Cincinnati Bengals kicker Randy Bullock (back) is listed as questionable, but the team believes he'll play Sunday, Rapoport reported. As a precaution, Cincy signed kicker Marshall Koehn on Saturday.
- Broncos receiver Emmanuel Sanders (ankle), linebacker Todd Davis (ankle) and guard Ron Leary (elbow) are listed as questionable. Offensive lineman Donald Stephenson (calf) is listed as out.
- The Green Bay Packers activated rookie linebacker Vince Biegel (foot) off the physically unable to perform list, Rapoport reported.
Tight end Martellus Bennett (shoulder), linebacker Ahmad Brooks (back) and defensive tackle Quinton Dial (chest) are doubtful, while cornerback Damarious Randall (hamstring/illness) and guard Lane Taylor (ankle) are questionable.
The team announced on Friday that they activated safety DeAngelo Hall from the Physically Unable to Perform list and waived offensive lineman Orlando Franklin.
- Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco (concussion), offensive lineman Ryan Jensen (shoulder), wide receiver Jeremy Maclin (shoulder), cornerback Jimmy Smith (Achilles), tackle Ronnie Stanley (shoulder), receiver Mike Wallace (back), defensive back Lardarius Webb (concussion) and tight end Maxx Williams (ankle) are all listed as questionable for Sunday.
- Miami Dolphins quarterback Jay Cutler (ribs) is expected to play in Sunday's game vs. the Raiders. Wide receiver DeVante Parker (ankle) was full-go all week and is expected to return to the lineup. Miami activated center/guard Ted Larsen off injured reserve Saturday and placed him on the active roster.
- Philadelphia Eagles tight end Zach Ertz (hamstring) was limited all week, but coach Doug Pederson said Friday that he will play.
- Non-injury news here: Indianapolis Colts cornerback Vontae Davis (non-injury related) did not travel with the team to Houston and is listed as out. Rapoport confirmed his absence is not disciplinary. Davis reportedly "needs some time to get himself back to feeling normal" after his groin injury.