After signing former Broncos defender Danny Trevathan, the team met Friday with free-agent linebacker Jerrell Freeman, per NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.
Freeman, 29, has seen little progress in contract talks with the Colts. He would serve as an upgrade alongside Trevathan over last year's duo of Shea McClellin and Christian Jones. Freeman in 2015 ranked behind only Carolina's Luke Kuechly at his position, per Pro Football Focus.
While Freeman is on the older side after spending part of his career with the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders, he played well against the run last season and helped pressure the pocket.
With talented coordinator Vic Fangio running Chicago's defense, Trevathan and Freeman -- if they land him -- would make this an intriguing unit in 2016.
Other visits we're tracking on Friday:
- The Jets will host Steelers left tackle Kelvin Beachum on a visit soon, Rapoport reported. Rapoport added Pittsburgh is hoping to retain Beachum.
- Former Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin IIIvisited the Jets Friday, a source informed of the player's plans told Rapoport.
- Cornerback Josh Robinson, who spent the past four seasons with the Vikings, met Friday with the Dolphins, the team reported.
- From The Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot: Browns free-agent linebacker Craig Robertson will visit the Seahawks.
- Michael Gehlken of The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that former Cowboys tight end James Hanna met with the Chargers. The team is looking for support at the position after Ladarius Green signed with the Steelers.
- Defensive tackles Al Woods and Cam Thomas visited with the Seahawks on Friday, a source informed told Rapoport.