- Baltimore Ravens cornerback Anthony Averett (chest) was ruled out in Baltimore's loss to the Bengals.
- Buffalo Bills offensive lineman Ike Boettger was ruled out against New England with a torn Achilles.
- Carolina Panthers cornerback Stephon Gilmore was ruled out against the Buccaneers with a groin injury.
- Chicago Bears safety Teez Tabor (ankle) exited early and did not return against the Seahawks.
- Cincinnati Bengals defensive end Cameron Sample suffered a left hamstring injury and was ruled out against the Ravens.
- Detroit Lions fullback Jason Cabinda (knee) and tight end Shane Zylstra (knee) were ruled out against the Falcons.
- Kansas City Chiefs running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire was ruled out in the second half of Sunday's game with a collarbone injury. Safety Tyrann Mathieu (quad) was ruled out in the fourth quarter. Coach Andy Reid said afterward that Mathieu has a quad contusion. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport said X-rays on Edwards-Helaire's collarbone were negative and he'll have an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of his injury.
- Jacksonville Jaguars running back James Robinson was ruled out against the Jets after suffering a torn Achilles.
- Los Angeles Chargers linebacker Drue Tranquill (leg) exited early against the Texans.
- Los Angeles Rams linebacker Ernest Jones (ankle) and running back Darrell Henderson (knee) were ruled out against the Vikings. Defensive lineman Greg Gaines injured his hand. Henderson is believed to have suffered a knee sprain but will have an MRI on Monday to determine the injury's severity, per Rapoport.
- The Miami Dolphins placed guard Solomon Kindley and wide receiver Albert Wilson on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- New York Giants offensive tackle Matt Peart was ruled out against the Eagles.
- Philadelphia Eagles running back Miles Sanders (hand) was ruled out against the Giants. Safety K'Von Wallace (hip), cornerback Steven Nelson (hand) and running back Jordan Howard (stinger) exited early.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers pass rusher Shaquil Barrett is believed to have suffered an MCL sprain versus the Panthers, per Rapoport. His injury is not considered major.
- Washington Football Team defensive backs coach Chris Harris and defensive quality control coach Vincent Rivera cleared COVID protocols and will rejoin the team ahead of Sunday night's game against the Cowboys. Senior offensive assistant Jim Hostler and assistant defensive backs coach Brent Vieselmeyer will remain in COVID protocols and miss the game.
49ers GM John Lynch 'incredibly encouraged' after Brock Purdy's first throwing session
Brock Purdy continues to check the boxes in his return from offseason elbow surgery. Niners GM John Lynch said Wednesday that Purdy conducted his first throwing session since undergoing the UCL procedure, and the club was encouraged with how the QB looked.
NFL news roundup: Latest league updates from Wednesday, May 31
NFL.com keeps you up to date with all of the latest league news from around the NFL. Visit NFL.com's transaction hub for a daily breakdown.
NFL kicker Harry Kane? Tottenham striker 'would love to give it a go'
The NFL's growing international appeal has inspired athletes from across the world to pursue dreams of playing professional football. Count soccer icon Harry Kane, England's captain and all-time leading goalscorer, among those with NFL aspirations.
Bill Belichick: Patriots have 'moved on' after loss of two OTAs for offseason violation
Patriots coach Bill Belichick addressed the media on Wednesday for the first time since New England was docked two organized team activities sessions for violating offseason rules.
Jets coach Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' RB Breece Hall (ACL) will be ready Week 1
Jets coach Robert Saleh on Wednesday said Breece Hall (ACL) is looking strong at OTAs and that he's "very optimistic" the RB will be ready for Week 1.
Commanders WR Terry McLaurin says QB Sam Howell has 'taken the bull by the horns' this offseason
Commanders star wide receiver Terry McLaurin details how second-year QB Sam Howell has stepped his game up this offseason with a chance at winning the starting role.
WR Tyler Boyd: Bengals 'one-upped' rival Chiefs in signing Orlando Brown Jr.
Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd reflected on the signing of former Chiefs offensive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. in free agency. "I loved it," Boyd said.
Saints QB Jameis Winston: 'I know that I'm still a starting quarterback in this league'
Quarterback Jameis Winston signed a one-year contract with the Saints, but that doesn't mean he's resigned to be a backup for the rest of his career.
Bengals WR Tyler Boyd focused on 2023 Super Bowl aspirations, not future contract talks: 'This is my home for now'
Heading into the final year of his contract with Cincinnati, Bengals WR Tyler Boyd spoke Tuesday about his desire to stay in the Queen City, his hopes that the Bengals will move beyond their recent heart-breaking playoff defeats this year and his personal regret from last year's loss to the Chiefs.
Dennis Allen: Ex-Raiders HC Jon Gruden attended recent Saints OTAs to aid offense with Derek Carr
Former Raiders head coach Jon Gruden was present during New Orleans' organized team activities last week, Saints head coach Dennis Allen confirmed to reporters on Tuesday.
Deshaun Watson 'would love' to have free-agent WR DeAndre Hopkins sign with Browns
Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson told reporters Tuesday that he "would love" to see former teammate DeAndre Hopkins sign with Cleveland.
With NFL+, stay connected throughout the rest of the NFL offseason with special content from Training Camp, Hall of Fame, and more!