Injuries and news we're monitoring around the league on this Week 1 Sunday:
- Detroit Lions safety Tracy Walker was ejected in the third quarter against the Eagles after throwing a punch and picking up two personal fouls on the same play.
- Baltimore Ravens tackle Ja'Wuan James suffered a torn Achilles versus the Jets, head coach John Harbaugh told reporters after the game. James was carted off with an ankle injury in the second quarter.
- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins suffered a concussion and was ruled out against the Steelers.
- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott will need to undergo surgery on his throwing hand after injuring it late in Sunday's game against the Buccaneers, owner Jerry Jones told reporters. Prescott is expected to miss multiple weeks. Offensive lineman Connor McGovern (ankle) and safety Jayron Kearse (knee) also left the game and did not return.
- Green Bay Packers guard Jon Runyan Jr. suffered a concussion against the Vikings. Cornerback Keisean Nixon (shoulder), linebacker Quay Walker (shoulder) and linebacker Krys Barnes (ankle) suffered injuries, as well.
- Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker briefly exited the game against Arizona with an ankle injury. Safety Justin Reid handled kicking duties for the Chiefs and made one extra point before Butker returned. Cornerback Trent McDuffie (hamstring) was ruled out. Wide receiver Justin Watson was ruled out with a chest injury.
- Las Vegas Raiders cornerback Anthony Averett (thumb), safety Tre'von Moehrig (hip), running back Brandon Bolden (hamstring), wide receiver DJ Turner (ankle) and linebacker Denzel Perryman (ankle) all left the game versus the Chargers and did not return.
- Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen (hamstring) was ruled out against the Raiders.
- Miami Dolphins right tackle Austin Jackson suffered an ankle injury against the Patriots. Tight end Cethan Carter was ruled out with a head injury.
- Minnesota Vikings cornerback Andrew Booth suffered a quad injury against the Packers and did not return.
- New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones suffered a back injury vs. the Dolphins. The X-rays Jones received after the game were negative and he will be evaluated further, per NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero. Jones did not speak to the media after the game. Defensive back Adrian Phillips (ribs) was ruled out.
- New York Giants wide receiver Wan'Dale Robinson suffered a knee injury against the Titans and did not return.
- Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Derek Barnett suffered a knee injury against Detroit and did not return.
- Pittsburgh Steelers pass rusher T.J. Watt suffered a pectoral injury in the second half and Najee Harris injured his foot against the Bengals. Watt is feared to have suffered a torn pec, NFL Network's Mike Giardi reports. Giardi later reported that Harris' injury is not considered to be a big deal. Cornerback Levi Wallace (ankle) and center Mason Cole (ankle) also suffered injuries.
- San Francisco 49ers running back Elijah Mitchell (knee) was ruled out against the Bears.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Chris Godwin (hamstring) and offensive tackle Donovan Smith (elbow) were ruled out against the Cowboys.
- Tennessee Titans linebacker Ola Adeniyi injured his shoulder against the Giants and did not return.
- Washington Commanders defensive lineman Phidarian Mathis suffered a knee injury against Jacksonville and was carted into the locker room. He was ruled out. Offensive lineman Wes Schweitzer suffered a knee injury.