The Detroit Lions received good news Wednesday.
The team announced that receiver Kenny Golladay has been activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list.
The news comes a day after Detroit said that Matthew Stafford had a false-positive that forced him onto the COVID list. The Lions also took slot corner Justin Coleman off the list Tuesday.
Golladay went on the reserve/COVID-19 list one week ago. The list is used for any player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or comes in close contact with someone who contracted the virus. The NFL does not specify which group a player falls in when going on the list.
Golladay is set to enter his fourth season and coming off back-to-back 1,000-yard campaigns. The 6-foot-4 wideout has star potential if both he and Stafford stay healthy for the entire 2020 campaign.
Entering the final year of his rookie contract, Golladay is in line for a big extension or would be a franchise-tag candidate for Detroit next offseason.
In other Lions news, center Russell Bodine has opted out, per the transaction wire. Bodine, once a full-time starter with the Bengals, did not appear in a game last year but spent part of the 2019 campaign on the Patriots and Lions practice squads.
Here is other news Around The NFL is monitoring on Wednesday:
- The Falcons activated quarterback Danny Etling, safety Jaylinn Hawkins and linebacker Foyesade Oluokun to the active roster from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Etling was the first QB to be placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Atlanta also activated defensive tackle Tyeler Davison from the reserve/COVID-19 list and waived linebacker Ahmad Thomas in a corresponding move.
- The Buffalo Bills activated cornerback Ike Brown and safety Siran Neal off the reserve/COVID-19 list. The team also announced that running back Antonio Williams and defensive end Jonathan Woodard were released.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars activated cornerback Parry Nickerson off the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Cleveland Browns activated quarterback Garrett Gilbert from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Arizona Cardinals announced that they have signed free-agent safety Kentrell Brice. Brice, who has played for the Packers and Buccaneers, was recently waived by the Bears. The Cardinals also signed former Chargers wide receiver Andre Patton.
- The Tennessee Titans announced that linebacker Jayon Brown passed his physical and has been taken off the team's physically unable to perform list.
- The Miami Dolphins placed defensive tackle Davon Godchaux on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Seattle Seahawks claimed defensive back D.J. Reed, per the transaction wire. The 2018 draft pick appeared in 31 games for the 49ers the past two seasons, making two starts.
- Giants cornerback Sam Beal has officially opted out of the 2020 season, according to the transaction wire. Beal played six games and made three starts for New York last year after being sidelined for his entire rookie season. The team also activated linebacker Josiah Tauaefa off the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Baltimore Ravens activated defensive back Nigel Warrior from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The New England Patriots re-signed rookie wide receiver Isaiah Zuber on Wednesday. Zuber was previously signed in May by the team and then released in late-July.
- The Philadelphia Eagles are expected to re-sign wide receiver Marcus Green, a source tells NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. Green spent the 2019 season on the team's practice squad after being drafted and cut by the Atlanta Falcons.