Wirfs remains on the mend from a right ankle injury. Center Ryan Jensen, who is also nursing an ankle injury, and is listed as questionable, as well.
Both were injured in the Tampa Bay's wild-card playoff win over Philadelphia. Wirfs exited the game after just a few plays and did not return, while Jensen played through his injury. Neither participated in practice on Wednesday or Thursday. Their availability is of great importance if Tom Brady, one of the NFL's most well-protected quarterbacks, is to have time to throw against a talented Rams defensive line.
- The Buffalo Bills have no players with game status designations on the injury report for Sunday night's Divisional Round showdown versus the Chiefs. Wideout Stefon Diggs (rest) did not practice on Friday, but defensive end Mario Addison (shoulder) was a full participant after being limited for the two days prior.
- Dallas Cowboys pass rusher Randy Gregory will have surgery on his left knee on Friday, the team announced. The 29-year-old is expected to be available for the offseason after surgery, but as an unrestricted free agent ahead of the 2022 season, where he will be playing is unclear. Gregory compiled six sacks, 17 QB hits, 30 pressures, three forced fumbles and one interception in 2021.
- The Green Bay Packers activated linebackers Za'Darius Smith (back) and Whitney Mercilus (torn bicep) from injured reserve. Both were designated to return last week. Smith was placed on IR following Week 1, and was ruled out indefinitely after undergoing surgery in late September. Mercilus, who was initially considered lost for the season, will make his return from an injury he sustained against Seattle in Week 10.
- Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Willie Gay Jr. will play in Sunday's Divisional Round matchup versus the Bills, per coach Andy Reid. Gay was arrested for a misdemeanor criminal damage on Wednesday. The Chiefs LB, who pled not guilty before posting $1,000 bond on Thursday, returned to practice on Friday. Running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire is poised to make his return from a shoulder injury this weekend against Buffalo. Cornerback Rashad Fenton (back) and RB Darrel Williams (toe) are officially questionable for Sunday.
- Los Angeles Rams tackle Andrew Whitworth (knee) and safety Taylor Rapp (concussion) will be out versus the Buccaneers in the Divisional Round, per coach Sean McVay. The team designated running back Darrell Henderson, defensive lineman Sebastian Joseph-Day and defensive back Robert Rochell to return from injured reserve.
- The Tennessee Titans activated running back Derrick Henry (foot) from injured reserve.
- The Cincinnati Bengals elevated wide receiver Trent Taylor from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Green Bay Packers released defensive lineman Jack Heflin and cornerback Isaac Yiadom.
- New England Patriots linebacker Harvey Langi signed a one-year contract extension with the team, per his agent Kenny Zuckerman.
- The San Francisco 49ers elevated cornerback Darqueze Dennard and linebacker Mark Nzeocha from the practice squad.