Carolina Panthers cornerback Jaycee Horn is back in action.
The team announced on Monday that Horn was activated off the physically unable to perform list.
The 2021 first-round pick started training camp on the PUP list after dealing with soreness stemming from his surgically repaired foot.
Horn suffered the injury in Week 3 of the 2021 season, wiping out the rest of his rookie campaign. The corner participated in spring workouts before being placed on the PUP list to start training camp.
The club will likely bring Horn back slowly to ensure another setback doesn't occur. Panthers coach Matt Rhule stated Monday that Horn is considered "day-to-day."
Before the injury, the No. 8 overall pick looked like a legit shutdown corner. The hope is he can swiftly return to that level for a talented Panthers defense.
- WR Bryan Edwards is considered "day-to-day" after sustaining a shoulder injury on Saturday, but it's not considered to be long-term issue, coach Arthur Smith told reporters Monday.
- OG Ben Cleveland passed his physical and is cleared to practice, per the transaction wire.
- S Micah Hyde (hip/glute) returned to practice on Monday in full pads. Hyde was considered day-to-day after sustaining the injury Friday.
- WR James Washington suffered a broken right foot in practice Monday and is expected to miss 6-10 weeks.
- OT Matt Waletzko (shoulder) will not practice this week, coach Mike McCarthy said Monday. McCarthy adds that the team is trying to evaluate whether or not the rookie can play through the injury, but surgery seems likely.
- S Jayron Kearse briefly exited the field with a non-contact injury, but later return to practice and took part in team drills. "It just tweaked (my knee) a little bit," Kearse later explained to reporters.
- WR K.J. Hamler (knee) passed his physical and is cleared to return to the practice field on Monday, the team announced. Hamler returns after suffering a season-ending ACL tear in Week 3 of the 2021 season.
- QB Patrick Mahomes avoided an injury scare Monday after he was stepped on by an offensive lineman during team drills. Head coach Andy Reid did not express concern for Mahomes (left foot) following practice.
- RB Tevin Coleman is "close" to returning from his illness and is expected to be practicing next week, coach Robert Saleh told reporters. According to the transaction wire, Coleman passed his physical Monday.
- RB Najee Harris had his foot stepped on in practice. Coach Mike Tomlin told reporters afterward that "it shouldn't be a major deal."
- DL Maurice Hurst was placed on IR after sustaining a torn biceps during Friday's practice, effectively ending his season.
- TE Tommy Hudson (leg) has passed his physical and will be activated from the PUP list, the team announced.
- WR Curtis Samuel is working on the side field Monday but it has nothing to do with last year's groin injury, coach Ron Rivera told reporters Monday. "Some concern about conditioning," Rivera said. "You have to be smart with it. We're going to stick with the plan." Samuel's first season in Washington was marred by the groin injury, appearing in only five games in 2021.
- OT Teven Jenkins has been the subject of calls and trade talks, NFL Network Insiders Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported Monday. Jenkins, a 2021 second-round pick, played in only six games last season.
NFL+ gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.