Eagles wide receiver DeVonta Smith has a groin injury that will keep him out of practice on Thursday and is considered day to day.
Although the injury might not be considered serious, Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni said Smith had suffered "a little bit of wear and tear" and that the team was "being cautious" with him. Sirianni couldn't say when or how Smith's injury occurred.
Durability was a concern for the spindly Smith when he entered the NFL, but he played all 17 games last season and hardly missed any significant snaps in setting the franchise's rookie receiving record with 916 yards in 2021.
- LB Vince Biegel tore his Achilles in practice and will miss the season, head coach John Harbaugh announced. After playing in 15 games with 10 starts for the Dolphins in 2019, Biegel has played in only five games since due to injuries.
- OL Tyler Linderbaum, who the Ravens selected 25th overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, left practice early with a trainer, but head coach John Harbaugh said Linderbaum "is going to be fine."
- S Jordan Poyer (elbow) will not practice Thursday and is one or two weeks away from a return, per Sean McDermott. The Bills coach wouldn't commit to Poyer being ready for Week 1.
- S Minkah Fitzpatrick returned to practice after he was activated off the NFI list. Fitzpatrick missed the start of training camp after hurting his wrist after falling off his bike.
- RB Rico Dowdle tested positive for COVID-19 and will be forced to isolate for a minimum of five days.
NFL+ gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.