Mayfield briefly left for the locker room during Cleveland's loss to the Seahawks on Sunday, but gutted it out and returned in the losing cause.
Since coming off the bench in Week 3 of his rookie year last season, Mayfield hasn't missed a start, racking up 19 in a row.
Here is other news we're monitoring on Tuesday:
- New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara is dealing with an ankle injury that NFL Network's Tom Pelissero describes as a "high ankle-type" issue. He is expected to limit him in practice this week. Kamara still believes he has a shot to play this weekend vs. the Bears, but this will be a situation to monitor.
Kamara's ankle issue first popped up last week, as he was limited in practice in Thursday and sat out Friday's session before suffering his worst outing of the season against the Jaguars since Week 2.
- The Dallas Cowboys suffered a substantial loss to their front seven when it was announced that defensive lineman Tyrone Crawford will have season-ending hip surgery.
In other Pats news, wideout Josh Gordon (knee) was not seen at the start of practice, per ESPN.com, while safety Patrick Chung (chest), linebacker Dont'a Hightower (shoulder) and wide receiver Phillip Dorsett (hamstring) were present during the open media portion.
- The Baltimore Ravens announced that they have placed safety DeShon Elliott on injured reserve and, in a corresponding move, signed safety Bennett Jackson to the 53-man roster. Elliott (knee) played in all six games for Baltimore.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers officially have placed defensive end Stephon Tuitt on the reserve/injured list and signed defensive endL.T. Walton, the team announced.
- Connor Barwin, who played 10 NFL seasons as a linebacker/defensive end with the Houston Texans, Philadelphia Eagles, L.A. Rams and New York Giants, announced his retirement on Instagram on Monday. "I'm excited to say I'm moving on to the next chapter of my life," Barwin wrote in part. "To my coaches, teammates, fans, and family -- thank you all!"
Barwin most recently played in 2018 with the Giants. He made the Pro Bowl in 2014 with the Eagles, tallying career-highs of 64 tackles and 14.5 sacks. That season was one of six in a row in which he started and played all 16 games. He ended his career with 56.5 sacks, 124 quarterback hits and 368 tackles.
- Cincinnati Bengals cornerback William Jackson is expected to miss at least a few weeks because of a shoulder injury, per Pelissero. Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick will also miss time due to a knee injury, Pelissero adds.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers waived linebacker Devante Bond and receiver Bobo Wilson, the team announced Tuesday.
- The Washington Redskins placed tight end Jerome Cunningham on injured reserve and signed fullback Michael Burton.