Things are beginning to turn the corner in Jacksonville.
The Jaguars announced Thursday that 11 players, all of whom belong to the practice squad, have been removed from the team's reserve/COVID-19 list less than a week after being added in response to a practice squad player testing positive for the virus.
Running back Nathan Cottrell, tight end Ben Ellefson, linebackers Nate Evans and Joe Giles-Harris; receivers Terry Godwin, Josh Hammond and Trey Quinn; offensive linemen Jared Hilbers and Austen Pleasants; and defensive backs Doug Middleton and Josh Nurse well re-join the team's active practice squad roster.
Here are other injury and roster developments we're tracking on Thursday:
- The New York Giants plan on having first-round left tackle Andrew Thomas back in the starting lineup vs. the Eagles tonight, Rapoport reported per an informed source. Thomas was benched during the first half of the team's Week 6 contest against Washington for violating team policy. Rapoport added that Thomas returns in good standing. The Giants announced veteran receiver Sterling Shepard, who was activated off injured reserve, and first-year wideout Alex Bachman, who was activated from the practice squad, are expected to play against the Eagles. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that Shepard will be active against the Eagles. Linebacker Trent Harris has also been elevated from the practice squad.
Giants running back Devonta Freeman (ankle) is questionable to return for Thursday's game.
- The Philadelphia Eagles placed tight end Zach Ertz (ankle) on injured reserve; he's expected to miss at least 4-6 weeks. The team also signed guard Jamon Brown to the practice squad and elevated Brown and defensive tackle T.Y. McGill from the practice squad to the active roster. Offensive lineman Matt Pryor is re-joining the team after being removed from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Eagles defensive lineman Hassan Ridgeway (bicep) was ruled out in the second half of Thursday's game. Cornerback Craig James (hamstring) and offensive tackle Lane Johnson (knee) each left Thursday's game early. DeSean Jackson was helped off the field after suffering an apparent leg injury and did not return.
- New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle/hamstring), who's been out since Week 1, did not practice on Thursday. Offensive lineman Terron Armstead (hand) was limited.
- Minnesota Vikings star defensive end Danielle Hunter is having surgery to clean up a herniated disc, knocking him out for the remainder of the 2020 season, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The team also placed safety George Iloka on injured reserve.
- The Seattle Seahawks announced their decision to play their Nov. 1 home game against the 49ers without fans in attendance.
- San Francisco 49ers left tackle Trent Williams (ankle) is practicing after sitting out Wednesday.
- The Baltimore Ravens plan to sign veteran receiver Dez Bryant to the practice squad if his workout goes well and he passes a physical, Rapoport reported. Baltimore previously worked out Bryant in August. The team also activated nose tackle Brandon Williams from the reserve/COVID-19 list; he was placed on the list Oct. 17. Williams will fill the roster spot vacated by cornerback Anthony Averett (shoulder), who was added to injured reserve.
- Atlanta Falcons receiver Julio Jones (hamstring) returned to practice in a limited capacity after missing Wednesday. Defensive end Dante Fowler (ankle/rest) sat out after being limited on Wednesday.
- The following Tampa Bay Buccaneers players were limited in practice: linebackers Lavonte David (knee) and Jason Pierre-Paul (knee); cornerback Carlton Davis (knee), receivers Mike Evans (ankle), Chris Godwin (hamstring) and Scotty Miller (hip/groin); tight end Rob Gronkowski (shoulder) and safety Antoine Winfield Jr. (shoulder). Running back Leonard Fournette (ankle) was a full participant. Earlier in the day, Tampa signed WR John Hurst to the practice squad.
- Las Vegas Raiders receiver Bryan Edwards (foot/ankle) did not participate in practice while cornerback Lamarcus Joyner (hamstring) and DE Carl Nassib (toe) were limited. Linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski (pectoral) participated in full. Raiders safety Johnathan Abram and offensive linemen Rodney Hudson, Denzelle Good, Gabe Jackson and Kolton Miller were placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Thursday.
- Cleveland Browns receiver Jarvis Landry revealed during his media session that he's been dealing with a broken rib. He noted that he sustained the injury against the Colts in Week 5. Guard Wyatt Teller (calf) did not practice Thursday, while quarterback Baker Mayfield (chest) and tight end David Njoku (shoulder) were full participants.
- Buffalo Bills cornerbacks Josh Norman (hamstring) and Tre'Davious White (back) were limited in practice. Receiver John Brown (knee) missed a second straight day.
- Dallas Cowboys defensive end Aldon Smith (neck) was limited in practice. Guard Zack Martin (concussion) was a DNP. The team also added safety Steven Parker to the active roster and cornerback Saivion Smith to the practice squad. Linebacker Sean Lee returned to practice and is designated for return off injured reserve.
- Tennessee Titan s receiver A.J. Brown (knee) did not practice while linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (knee) was a full participant after sitting out Wednesday. Tight end Jonnu Smith (ankle) was also a full participant after being limited Wed.
- Pittsburgh Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) and center Maurkice Pouncey (foot) participated in full after missing Wednesday. Guard David DeCastro (abdomen) was upgraded from limited to full.
- Green Bay Packers tight end Marcedes Lewis (knee) sat out practice after being limited on Wednesday. Linebackers Preston Smith (shoulder) and Za'Darius Smith (ankle) were each limited in Thursday's practice. Offensive tackle David Bakhtiari (chest), safety Darnell Savage (quadriceps) and tight end Robert Tonyan (ankle) also did not practice.
- Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Tyrod Taylor, who's missed about a month with a punctured lung, has been medically cleared, Rapoport reported, per an informed source. He added that Taylor could return as the backup vs. the Jaguars depending on how his week of practice goes.
- Houston Texans safety Justin Reid (shoulder) was upgraded to full after being limited in practice Wednesday.
- Chicago Bears defensive end Akiem Hicks did not practice due to an undisclosed illness.
- Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon did not practice due to a foot injury.
- The Detroit Lions signed running back Dalyn Dawkins to the practice squad and, in a corresponding move, released offensive lineman Beau Benzschawel. Cornerback Justin Coleman (hamstring) is set to return from injured reserve. Defensive end Trey Flowers (wrist) and receiver Marvin Jones (knee) were limited in practice after missing Wednesday.
- The Denver Broncos have signed running back Damarea Crockett to the practice squad.
- The Carolina Panthers released running back Mike Warren from their practice squad.
- The Washington Football Team signed receiver Robert Foster and released tight end Marcus Baugh. The team also signed TE Temarrick Hemingway from the practice squad. Defensive end Chase Young (groin) was a full participant at practice.
- New York Jets receiver Jamison Crowder (groin) and kicker Sam Ficken (groin) did not participate in practice on Thursday. Quarterback Sam Darnold (shoulder) and offensive lineman Mekhi Becton (shoulder) were limited, while receiver Breshad Perriman (ankle/knee) was a full participant.