Cleveland Browns third-round receiver David Bell is dealing with a foot injury to open training camp.
The team announced Friday it placed Bell on the active/physically unable to perform list.
The No. 99 overall pick out of Purdue is eligible to be activated off the PUP list once he passes a physical.
The Browns also announced they have signed fourth-round defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey to his rookie deal.
- The Arizona Cardinals announced they have placed tight end Maxx Williams on the physically unable to perform list to begin training camp. Williams suffered a torn ACL in Week 5 of the 2021 season.
- The Baltimore Ravens announced Friday that they have placed six players on the physically unable to perform list. Left tackle Ronnie Stanley (ankle), outside linebacker Tyus Bowser (Achilles), running backs J.K. Dobbins (ACL) and Gus Edwards (ACL), cornerback Marcus Peters (ACL) and safety Ar'Darius Washington (foot) will all begin training camp on the PUP list as they work back from season-ending injuries suffered in 2021.
- The Los Angeles Rams placed cornerback Jalen Ramsey (shoulder), running back Kyren Williams (foot), linebacker Travin Howard (groin) and safety Quentin Lake on the physically unable to perform list ahead of training camp.
- The Miami Dolphins placed cornerback Byron Jones on the active/physically unable to perform list, the team announced Friday. Jones missed all team offseason workouts after having Achilles clean-up surgery, NFL Network's Cameron Wolfe reported. Miami also placed defensive back Elijah Campbell on the active/non-football injury list.
- The Arizona Cardinals announced Friday the signing of wide receiver Victor Bolden Jr., who previously played in the USFL and won MVP in the championship game earlier this month. They also confirmed the corresponding release of wide receiver Jared Smart.
- The Detroit Lions are signing former Raiders and Steelers defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Friday. Buggs played the last three seasons in Pittsburgh, starting six games last year for the Steelers before he was waived and picked up by the Raiders. The team later confirmed the signing, and also announced that defensive tackle John Penisini was placed on the reserve/retired list.
- The Green Bay Packers announced that they have released tight end Eli Wolf.
- The New England Patriots announced that they have released defensive lineman Byron Cowart and placed wide receiver Malcolm Perry on the reserve/retired list.
- The New York Giants signed defensive back Gavin Heslop and waived offensive tackle Korey Cunningham with a non-football injury designation.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and defensive end Logan Hall, the No. 33 overall pick, have agreed to terms on his rookie deal, per Pelissero per a source. Hall was the highest-drafted player who'd yet to sign a contract.
- The Tennessee Titans agreed to terms with second-round cornerback Roger McCreary on his rookie deal.
Front Office Moves
- The San Francisco 49ers announced Friday that they made multiple moves in their Communications department. The Niners promoted Peter Volmut to Senior Manager of Football Communications, hired Zack Teats as Coordinator of Football Communication, Kristin Wojcik as Manager of Football Communications, and named Clint Cohen as Football Communications Associate (seasonal).